Area / Volume / General Calculations
- Volume is calculated as Length x Depth x Width.
- There are 1000 litres in a cubic metre.
- 1 cubic metre of product covers, 10 square metres at a depth of 100mm.
- A roll of turf covers 1 square metre. (0.5m wide x 2m long)
- 40×25 or 33×30 litre bags of product make 1 cubic metre.
- 1 m3 of garden mix weighs approximately 1.2 tonne.
- 1 m3 of mulch weighs approximately 300kg.
Concreting / Bricklaying
- To mix 1m of concrete you need 1.2t – blue metal, 0.6t sand, 15x20kg bags cement
- Mortar mix 6 – Brickies sand : 0.5 Lime : 1 Cement
- Concrete mix 4- Blue metal : 2 River sand : 1 Cement
- 1.25t of sand + 7x20kg bags of cement lays 1000 bricks
- A standard brick is 230 x 110 x 76mm, 52 bricks make up 1 square metre.
Home Delivery Information
Value for money is achieved by reducing the number of deliveries you need. Sometimes we are able to carry 2 or 3 different bulk products on our trucks, depending upon the quantities. Truck access can also be an issue. The information below is a guide to what we can deliver. Please confirm with our sales staff when placing your order.
- 4t Truck Needs minimum 2.6m width, 2.8m height.
- 6t Truck Needs minimum 3m width, 2.8m height.
- 13t Truck Needs minimum 3m width, 4m height.
- 4t Truck
- 3-4m3 of Garden Mix / 4t of sands, gravels and aggregates
- 4m3 of mulch. (78m if the truck has high sides)
- 6t Truck
- 5-6m3 of Garden Mix / 6t of sands, gravels and aggregates
- 8m3 of mulch
- 13t Truck
- 10-13m3 of Garden Mix / 13t of sands, gravels and aggregates
- 15-20m3 of mulch
- 17t Truck
- 15-18m3 of Garden Mix / 17t of gravel
- 30m3 of mulch
- Pallet Truck
- No Hyab 14 pallets.
- Hyab 12 pallets
- Semi Tipper or Truck & Dog
- 30-35m3 of Garden Mix / 26-33t of sands, gravels and aggregates
- 40-90m3 of mulch